Monday, February 21, 2011

Simplicity 3503 ~ Inspired Gown Worn by Glee Star!

After seeing all the red carpet events lately, I was inspired to make this gown, worn by Glee's Heather Morris, after seeing her it in at the Golden Globes. It's simplicity appealed to me as well as the color.  The dress is a gold beaded gown by Lorena Sarbu. Of course, my fabric is not beaded but does have a gold threading running through it which makes it very shimmery.


**Sorry for the quality of my camera. I need to figure out the lighting indoors because it takes horrible pics inside!


Because I didn't have alot of fabric to do the hem, I decided to go with a lower height of heel.  I really like these by Nine West. What do you think? You can see me wearing the dress and hear my complete review of the pattern in the video below.  Don't forget to subscribe to my Youtube channel!


Sorry it took me so long to post.  I had the worst time finishing the satin blouse with ruffles.  Have you ever had those days when nothing you do, none of the tricks & shortcuts you have up your sleeve seem to work and your fabric just doesn't want to cooperate? Well, that's what happened with the blouse and because I'm so picky, I kept taking it out, and redoing, changing etc.. even had to buy a small piece of fabric to replace a ruffle I just couldn't stop picking apart and it still didn't turn out the way that I wanted it to.  I'll share soon.

XOXO
Kim

14 comments:

  1. Red carpet ready for sure! I like how simple the dress is but elegant at the same time. I like the shoes too! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing, great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly pretty! This dress is amazing. I've made this pattern twice but for casual wear. I love how you "glammed" it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous and love the fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, Really pretty! Definitely "red carpet" worthy for sure. I love, love, love those shoes!! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies. I love a higher heel, unfortunately if I would have taken the hem any shorter you would have seen my ankles, so I had to opt for a lower heel, but I'm glad I found these cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diva you look absolutely stunning and what a chic gown. You are officially red carpet ready! Love the color, fabric and style! You did a wonderful job once again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your tips with this particularly dress. I have this pattern, and at 6 ft I know that I will have to add a few inches for a long maxi look. You look fabulous, and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very welcome Tricia. Yes, you will def need to add alot of length to this one, as I said, I could only do a 5/8 in hem. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how I missed this! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow! I made this view in the exact same fabric a couple of years ago, but I chose the knee-length version. I had some fitting issues through the midsection, but you've inspired me to salvage it. You look great in this dress and I love the floor-length look on you. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Carla! Girl, just pull that seam ripper out and tweak the midsection! It's worth it!

    ReplyDelete